Wednesday, 30 April 2014

Thirty on the Thirtieth... Happy Birthday meeeeee!

So today, I turn thirty. The big 3 – 0. This has never bothered me. My parents have a healthy relationship with their age, and my dad threw a massive a party for his fiftieth, inviting people he’d met at different stages in his life. It was amazing!
30th BIRTHDAY WHISKEY T-Shirt "Vintage 1984 Aged To Perfection" 30 year BLACK Te 
However the closest I got to my birthday, and the more thoughts would creep into my head… “Am I in the correct job?”,” is there anything I could have done by this time which I haven’t?” “Am I where I should be at 30?”… It is almost as if the mind can’t help it!
 
30th birthday woes.....

But then I wondered what was the point of asking myself so many questions! I am an optimist by nature, and strongly believe that my decisions in the past have led me to where I am now. As such, I would not change anything I have done, just in case it would not give me all the amazing things I have today.
 
From this, I have decided to let aside all the fears and questions I may have of where I think I should be, and instead focus on the amazing things I have done and lived through to date, because in thirty years, I have done some pretty lush things! And so this is definitely worth celebrating!
 
So here goes! A small selection of some of the pretty amazing things I am grateful for during my time on earth so far:
 
  • I have travelled to some amazing places thanks to my parents, including Australia, Israel, Morocco, Ireland, Italy, Spain, Switzerland. They might not all be the most exotic of places, but I have loved each and every one for oh so many reasons!
  • I have had the chance to live in France, Ireland, Australia and England. When in one country, I have had the opportunity to move around a lot within that same country. I believe this has led me to embrace and even seek change, making sure I don’t remain idle in the same place for too long, whether physically or metaphorically (it drives Barry mad!).
  • I have been a big sister to two amazing siblings for almost my whole life. We each have our own personalities, talents and way of life, but they are such a big influence in my life. I wouldn’t give up this title for anything in the world!
  • I have graduated from a university degree I found really interesting. It wasn’t until I left uni that I realised many people do not have the opportunity to go to university, even if they want to. So it has definitely made me grateful to have had the opportunity to do so.
  • I have met a wonderful man who I will be marrying next year. We are both as bad tempered and impatient as each other, but somehow, it works, and I can’t wait to become his wife.
  • Thanks to the above mentioned wonderful man, I am now Maman to two beautiful children. However tired or grumpy I get because of the lack of sleep and manic times in my life nowadays, I do love being a mum (just don’t ask me there and then!). I never could imagine myself as a mum prior to having Siena, but again, I would not give up this title for anything in the world.
  • I have a good job, which is interesting and challenging at the same time.
  • I have a mortgage on a lovely family home.
  • I feel confident enough to order water at McDonalds with my Big Mac meal with fries and mozzarella bites…. Simply because I prefer drinking water to other things. This took me a long time, but I guess it’s true what they say: you truly get to know yourself better as you get older!
  • I have a selection of amazing friends who spoil me!
  • I have been blessed with inspirational people in my family. I miss those who left us too soon loads, but know that their wisdom and values is not forgotten and is likely to get passed onto my family.
  • I have plucked up the courage to start up a blog, and have received amazing feedback from family and friends. From there, I have also become a writer for a wedding blog, French Wedding Style. Who knows, this might be the start of my dream of a creative career come true! :)
 
And in celebration of all of this, I get to eat cake, and lots of it! Mmmmmm cake….
 haha happy birthday hamster! photo signature_zpsc43fa538.png
*All images unless otherwise noted are my own, so please do not use them without my permission.*
Post a Comment
Pin It button on image hover