Sunday, 23 February 2014

Lovely, lovely weekend!

Barry and I have enjoyed a lovely childfree weekend thanks to my sister and the lovely Mark. They came round just long enough to pose for some photos and off they went, taking the bambini away! The house has felt very empty, especially last night with no babies in their beds, but I have to admit it's been lovely and we've tried to make the most of it!

 
 
 
We started off straight away with a pub lunch at The Battleaxes pub in Wraxall with our besties. We used to go out all four of us all the time when we first met in Bristol, but it had been a long time since we went out on a double date, just the four of us. It was lovely to catch up over some pretty great food and a G&T!
 
 

We followed lunch with a lovely walk in Tyntesfield estate, which was absolutely stunning! Being a big fan of Downton Abbey and other period dramas, I loved it. You could almost picture his Lordship and her Lordship walking the grounds... really beautiful! Being part of the National Trust, it is beautifully maintained and the grounds are truly breath-taking. I would strongly recommend a visit if you enjoy walking in the outdoors. I also believe it did Barry and I a lot of good being able to stroll around the grounds just the two of us, breathing in fresh air and enjoying the view. I truly felt relaxed afterwards... bliss!















Barry was very happy to see tall ferns...
 
We finished the day by going to the cinema with far too much popcorn and pic-n-mix, followed by a night of uninterrupted sleep and a lie in.... heaven! We are extremely grateful to Tonton and Tata for having the little ones!
 
Did you have a good weekend? I'd love to hear from you... 
 photo signature_zpsc43fa538.png
*All images unless otherwise noted are my own, so please do not use them without my permission.*
Post a Comment
Pin It button on image hover