Monday, 23 September 2013

Baking mad!

This week, I am helping my lovely neighbour and friend to host a coffee morning for Macmillan Cancer Support. This is a charity that is close to my heart as they've been really great with my godmother who recently passed away from lung cancer, and my grand-dad who is also terminally ill with cancer. I have felt a little helpless dealing with my family, but helping to fundraise for this great charity and amazing people helps me feel a little useful.
 
 
So in preparation for Friday, I am going to be baking like crazy! I have already baked a Black Banana Bread, will be making these amazing badboys:
 
 
I will also be making several recipes from the Hummingbird Bakery cookbook, including coffee & walnut cake, lemon drizzle cake, carrot cake, and peach & cream cupcakes. Photos to follow, and please have a look on the following link if you would like to find out more about the coffee morning and/or Macmillan Cancer Support.
 
Are there any charities that are close to your hearts? If so, what are your favourite ways to fundraise for them?  
 photo signature_zpsc43fa538.png
*All images unless otherwise noted are my own, so please do not use them without my permission.*
Post a Comment
Pin It button on image hover