Thursday, 19 September 2013

Amazing cookie/oreo/brownie cupcake thing!


I found this amazing recipe on Kaitlyn's blog. I have tried and tested it on my family and neighbours and it was a great success! I also had a lot of people asking me about it after posting a photo on facebook, so I thought I'd let you have the recipe with the English measurements in case, like me, you are not familiar with the American cup system. So here goes:
 
* Makes 18 cakes

Ingredients:
 
Chocolate Chip Cookie Part
120 grams butter, softened i.e. room temperature
150 grams white sugar
45 grams packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
150 grams cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup chocolate chips... I didn't check out the conversion this one but I put in 100 grams (as I buy them in 100 grams sachets) and that worked out just fine!
 
Brownie Part
1 box (13x9 pan size) of fudge brownie mix, prepared according to instructions (Kaitlyn only uses half a box, but I put it all in!)
 
18 oreos (essentially one per cupcake)
 
Instructions:

1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
 
2. Prepare the fudge brownie mix as per the instructions.
3. In a separate bowl, beat the butter and sugars together. Once mixed, add in the egg and vanilla. Beat with a mixer until smooth. Add in the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt until fully mixed. Stir in the chocolate chips.

4. Place the muffin liners in a muffin pan. Scoop 3 tablespoons of cookie dough into the bottom of each liner. Press down to flatten the dough evenly. If you have extra cookie dough you can just roll it into balls and freeze it to have cookie dough on hand! Or just eat it... I didn't have any left though...
5. Place an oreo on top of each cookie dough and slightly push down. Evenly divide brownie batter over the top of each oreo (a little over a tablespoon and a half).
 
6. Bake the cakes for 20-25 minutes, until the tops look set. You do not want to over bake these or they will get hard. After you remove them from the oven, fold over any "explosions" (see Kaitlyn's post for photos). Place in air tight container while they are still warm to keep them soft.
 
Et voila, you're welcome! ;)
 
Let me know how yours turn out! Or if you have a favourite recipe with oreos or cookie dough. I love both. And I love cake!
 
x
Post a Comment
Pin It button on image hover