Friday, 23 August 2013

{Home} Sad hallway...

We've been in our house for over two years now, but there is always more we'd like to do DIY-wise. Next on my list: putting up the five million frames (or eighteen to be exact...) in our hallway, which have been gathering dust for months now. And when I say we, yes, I do mean B. I just supervise.
 
 
 
We already have some frames in our living room {right above the wonky lampshade}, as seen below. They're all of Siena at the moment so no doubt we'll add some of Hugo on the opposite side of the pink wall once we've had some taken.
 
Our next task is the hallway. I've started a little by adding the ones below...
 
But the rest of the hallway looks like this:
 ... and this...
 and finally...
 
It's all very bare and magnolia at the moment. Very sad indeed! We're not yet decided on a colour... I love bright, colourful colours (hence the pink wall in the living room which was originally meant to be a dark red). So if it was up to me, I would go for something along the lines of this living room as seen on Better Homes and Garden...
 
 
 
However B does not share the same enthusiasm for bright colours as I do for the home. Instead we're likely to go for a more neutral look,
as seen on the Dulux website. It is then easier to add in some colour with colourful accessories such as a big mirror, some colourful frames amongst the neutral wooden ones, and a colourful rug. That way the scheme can easily be changed if you fancy a change in the colour you choose initially. Although where to find a great colourful rug that doesn't cost the earth, I am yet to find out... Any suggestions?
Post a Comment
Pin It button on image hover